The recycling program helps fund St Kieran’s annual 6th grade camp. The goal is to fully fund the 6th grade camp! Remember families with children in lower grades, your child will soon be a 6th grader, and this is a great way to show support for other classmates.
Ways to Help the Recycling Program
Drop off at St Kieran’s
When: Every Thursday
Location: In front of the 6th grade classroom
What: Plastic bottles and aluminum cans
Be sure to label your bag with your child's name and grade.
When: Anytime Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Location: 297 South Marshall Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92020
What: Plastic bottles, aluminum cans, scrap metal, glass bottles, food cans, and electronics
How: Mention St Kieran’s fundraiser, and they will automatically donate five cents for every pound to our program. You can also donate the partial/full funds of your recycling at that time.
California Metals also accepts other local recycling business coupons, which can be found in the Penny Saver. California Metals bumper stickers on vehicles get another four cents per pound. You can contact California Metals at (619) 444-3111 or online.
Sixth Grade Recycling Drive Incentive (February-May)
This year, our sixth graders will attend sixth grade camp with other sixth graders in the county. The camp will be one week at Cuyamaca Outdoor School near Julian. To help defer the cost of approximately $300 per student, the sixth grade students/parents have organized St. Kieran's recycling program.
Here’s How You Can Help:
- Please save all of your aluminum cans and plastic bottles (CRV only).
- Put them in a garbage bag.
- Label the bag with your child’s name and grade.
- Place the bag in or near the recycling can by the sixth grade classroom.
What do you get?
- A big thank you from the sixth graders
- Pleasure knowing you have helped the sixth graders and the environment
- First bag submitted earns a free dress certificate for the child whose name is on the bag
- Subsequent bags of recyclables earn the student a chance in a drawing for a free fast food lunch at school (again, name must be on the bag)
- Drawings will take place every month. February through May.
We accept any large kitchen bag or trash bag. We don't require that you sort your recyclables, but we greatly appreciate it. We primarily collect plastic bottles (water, Gatorade, etc.) and aluminum cans—anything with the CRV symbol on it.